Thanks for your interest in helping the animals at Spirits Place. There are many ways for groups and individuals to help us serve animals. Some ideas include:
- Host a fundraiser, like a bake sale or car wash, to benefit Spirits Place.
- Organize a supply drive to collect the things we need most from our wish list, including items from your home that can be reused to help animals in our shelters.
- Host a group craft-making project to make toys and even outdoor shelters.
Donated items can be brought to the shelter during regular business hours or by appointment.
Currently, we are providing housing/habitat to 200 feline guests many of which are feral or unsocialized. Most of the animals in our care are compromised or deemed unadoptable for numerous reasons, the throwaways of society
We are seeking motivated, responsible, caring, community-minded folks to come to our facility and care for our resident cats. Maine duties are cleaning and feeding and there is a lot of it to do.
Time Commitment: In order to volunteer, you must be able to commit to a set weekly schedule, as we are expectant that animals are being cared for during your shift. Due to the time involved with training new volunteers, we also ask that you be able to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 6 months. If you are unable to commit to a weekly shift, we do have some positions that are filled as needed, such as Events and Community Outreach.
If you possess a positive attitude, are honest, have a good work ethic, and can work well as part of a team would love to hear from you
Fostering a cat is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. Kittens are young and delicate and are best suited to grow in a healthy and loving home until they reach an ideal age for adoption. Foster kittens can range in age and needs– from newborn, bottle babies to up to 6 months. Some foster homes take one or two kittens, other homes take a mother cat and her litter. By taking a cat in need temporarily into your home you are:
- Freeing up a spot so the shelter or rescue can take in another cat.
- Giving your foster cat the time he needs to be ready for adoption.
- Helping the shelter or rescue learn more about the cat so he can end up in the best home possible.
- Socializing the cat to a home environment and possibly getting him used to being around other pets and different types of people.
If you wish to volunteer at Spirits Place submit this application form.
If you wish to know more about our Volunteer Program, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a message here.